(Click to tweet it!)
Visualising what you want to achieve is one of the most powerful things you can do to help you to actually make it happen – so why is it that we end up spending most of our time visualising things we don’t actually want?! I will admit that in the past I have spent more time visualising all the things that were stopping me from achieving my goal and all the things that could go wrong, instead of visualising actually seeing the results I wanted. It’s so silly, but I think most of us have a tendency to do this.
I don’t know about you, but usually I get what I visualise – it’s the Law of Attraction. So I make time every single day to visualise achieving what I want to achieve and blimey does it work!
I listen to a 20 minute guided visualisation every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to sleep and during that 20 minutes I vividly visualise achieving what I want – I see the results. I imagine it like it’s a memory, like it’s already happened, like it’s a done deal! I feel how it will feel and know that it will happen. You don’t have to use a guided visualisation, you can simply just close your eyes, relax and visualise, but if you do want to try out a guided visualisation here’s the one I use, my friend and mentor, Jason Jackman, created it for me and I love it. Get it here.
A challenge for you…
For the next 30 days I want you to take 5-10 minutes every morning and every night to visualise achieving what you want. Here’s what you need to do:
- Close your eyes, take a few deep breaths in and relax your body.
- Start to create a movie in your mind and see yourself achieving what you want. Make the picture big, bright and bold.
- Once you can see it clearly, put yourself in the movie – like you’re replaying a memory. What can you see? How do you feel? What can you hear?
- Really feel the emotions – when I visualised winning an award I pictured being stood on a stage waiting to hear them announce the winner and then when they said my name I felt a rush of emotions, like it was actually happening to me. When I actually won the award I felt the exact same feelings as if I’d already won it a thousand times before.
- When you’ve finished visualising say to yourself, “It’s a done deal” – you’ve got to believe with conviction that you can make it happen.
If you feel some doubts lingering in your mind just release them – let them go. You can do this by saying, “I release all my doubts and trust that I will make it happen.”
This is so powerful, if you do this for 30 days amazing things will start to happen.