The reality of what’s happening in Ukraine has deeply affected so many of us, and all our thoughts are with the very people living through this horror. We have Ukrainian members within our community, members with family in Ukraine, as well as team members who are in border countries witnessing the incredible humanitarian efforts taking place.
What’s happening is utterly heartbreaking and it goes without saying that we stand in solidarity with Ukraine and hope for a peaceful resolution as soon as possible.
As a supportive and compassionate community, we know many of us want to know how we can do more and offer our support.
As a business community, it’s unimaginable to not only have your life turned upside down, but to also have your livelihood and business that you have worked so hard to build disrupted as well.
We know just how much heart and soul goes into all the amazing women-owned businesses around the world, which is why we wanted to share ways that we can all directly support Ukrainian businesses, and the women behind those businesses, at this time.
Here are a few businesses through which you can support Ukrainian entrepreneurs:
- Support Sellers in Ukraine (Etsy page, digital sellers)
As well as supporting businesses, if you’re in a position to donate, these are a few charities providing humanitarian relief:
- Red Cross (https://help.rescue-uk.org/ukraine-crisis)
- Disaster Emergency Appeal (https://www.dec.org.uk/appeal/ukraine-humanitarian-appeal)
- Save the Children (https://www.savethechildren.org.uk/how-you-can-help/emergencies/ukraine-appeal)
- Choose Love (https://donate.chooselove.org/campaigns/ukraine-appeal)
- The Pachamama Project (https://www.thepachamamaproject.org/index.html#welcome) – period poverty in war
If you’re not in a position to donate or support a business right now, remember the power of visibility and your voice.
Share links to amazing businesses on your social media, keep the people of Ukraine in your thoughts and join us in praying for the end of this conflict.
It’s a scary time and our hearts are with all those suffering, but together we can all play a small part in supporting the people of Ukraine.