If you are an online entrepreneur, you probably have a blog and you’re probably wondering how to make it a meaningful, profitable part of your business. Today on the show, we get to go behind the scenes of how Kate McKibbin, the founder of Secret Bloggers’ Business, got into the world of blogging and created amazing success with it. In fact, she grew her first blog, Drop Dead Gorgeous Daily, to over 500,000 readers a month, with multiple 6-figure revenue and 5 people on staff!
I’m so excited to share this interview with you because blogging can be such a powerful way to connect with your audience on a personal level. Gone are the days when people could have a nice, shiny website and just hide behind it. People want to connect and engage with the YOU, not just your business, and blogging can play a huge role in that.
Be sure to leave a comment below with your biggest takeaway from this episode to be in with a chance of winning Kate’s course “Start Your Blog with a Bang” – a launch plan for people who know that they want to make their blog a business.
[Tweet “Success is created by people who take action to figure it out. – #SheMeansBusinessPodcast”]
- How and why she started her blog in 2007
- Why building a business today is about building a community of like-minded people
- Why she decided to close down her initial blog
- How she transitioned from making money with advertisers to making money selling online courses
- Her biggest advice for people who want to use blogging in their business (has to do with quality over quantity)
- How to stand out in a sea of content and find your audience with your blog
- Her tips on outsourcing
Resources& people mentioned
>> Please leave us a review and rate it on iTunes. It would help us get the show out there even more.