Junior Copywriter with Enormous Potential for Growth
An amazing copywriter ready to make her mark by helping the Female Entrepreneur Association create an inspiring, empowering platform for female entrepreneurs.
You’ll be joining a team that strongly believes that entrepreneurship is a powerful way for women to transform their lives, and that when women are a part of a supportive, nurturing community they are empowered to take action and make their dreams come true. At the FEA, we work to create a magical experience where women can get the positive support they need to move forward.
If you’d like to join us, keep reading!
The Female Entrepreneur Association (FEA) exists to inspire and empower women from around the world as they make their dreams happen and build successful businesses. We help amazing women realise what’s possible and take action so they can transform their lives.
Building a business can be lonely, and it’s easy to feel frustrated and discouraged. Our mission is to create a welcoming, encouraging space where women can come together and support one another as they take massive action to achieve their goals. We create a magical experience for our audience, and help them move forward – one step at a time.
about the position
We are looking for a creative copywriter to write clear and captivating copy for emails, launch campaigns, social media, Facebook ads, website pages, sign up pages and more. Your words will inform and engage female entrepreneurs.
Our ideal candidate is a skilled, team-spirited, and imaginative writer with an eye for detail and desire for growth.
what to expect
We are looking for someone who is excited about this position and opportunity to grow. But we also want to make sure that you are clear on what to expect. You’ve got to:
- Thrive in a fast pace environment. As much as we love planning and making sure that all our ducks are in a row, sometimes we just have to roll up our sleeves and make last minute changes or adjustments. You will be expected to come through.
- Be ok with doing multiple revisions of the copy you’ve written until we get it right. Our asking to change things will not be a reflection on your copywriting skills. It’s our obsession with creating copy that resonates with our audience. You’ll be expected to be a sponge as you learn how to talk to our audience in FEA voice.
- Act with speed. Things need to get done, and fast! It doesn’t mean at the sacrifice of the quality of work, but it means things need to get done in a realistic timeframe. Things don’t need to be perfect, we can improve as we go. If progress isn’t being made, let us know why so we can help you.
- Act with integrity. If you say you’re going to do something or agree to doing something, do it. If you’re struggling to get it done, you need to say something. If you don’t get it done, you need to have a good explanation as to what happened and a plan for moving forward.
- Take responsibility. If you’re working on something, don’t wait around for feedback (unless you absolutely have to). Be proactive in moving the project along and getting it done. It’s on you to complete it.
- Mentorship by Carrie Green. You will closely work with Carrie Green, who will help you to internalise the FEA brand, so that the copy you create is in total alignment with the mission of the FEA.
- Amazing team. Our team is made up of truly amazing experts who care deeply about our work, love our members, and truly care about serving one another. You’ll be joining a team that’s bonded together as a family and works together to solve problems and create a magical experience for female entrepreneurs.
- Flexibility. Work wherever you want with somewhat flexible hours.
- Growth opportunity. Professional development benefits and eventual full-time potential.
- Starting salary. $1500/mo, about 10h/week
- Creating launch sequences. We run promotions on a regular basis, so you will be expected to write winning sequences for launches and other initiatives.
- Creating copy for various social media platforms. We strongly believe in captivating our audience with stories. Especially the ones told on social media. Your responsibility will be to create engaging messaging to connect with female entrepreneurs in a variety of settings.
- Write copy for landing pages. We create multiple avenues for our audience to find and join us. You will be responsible to ensure that FEA landing pages are inviting and persuasive and contain messaging that supports our mission and goals.
- Creating copy for Facebook Ads. We heavily rely on Facebook advertising, so every launch or promotion is accompanied by a Facebook Ads campaign. Your responsibility will be to create engaging and winning ad copy.
- Able to think and write creatively. You understand the message FEA is seeking to express and can translate it into written content.
- A skilled communicator. You are able to see other people’s points of view and accept feedback easily. You’re both a great listener and an effective writer.
- Compassionate. You enjoy helping others and love being part of a team.
- Highly self-motivated and well organised. You possess good leadership, people and project management skills. You know when to ask for direction and when to take the ball and run with it. You don’t need or want to be micromanaged.
- Passionate about learning. You seek out direct feedback and love to invest in your personal development.
- Resilient in the face of challenge. You can work to strict deadlines without compromising on work quality. You have a good sense of humour when things don’t go as planned.
- Have an eye for detail. Typos make you cringe, and you are quick to spot formatting and grammatical errors.
- Hungry for growth. You are ready to learn from Carrie and internalise the FEA brand, so that in a few weeks you are able to turn Carrie’s vision into captivating copy that’s in total alignment with the brand and mission of the FEA.
- Proven experience as a copywriter or in a related role
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong research skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills
- BSc/BA in marketing, English, journalism or related field is a plus
The selections process will happen in 3 rounds:
1. Submit an application by clicking below.
2. Complete 3 small test copywriting assignments. Information about the assignments will be emailed to those who passed the first round. :)
3. Those who pass the second round will be invited to meet with our Chief of Operations and me for an interview
We are beyond excited to hear from you.
You must submit your application no later than April 3rd, 2018.