Since venturing into the world of business I’ve found that I’ve felt more stuck and confused than ever before. For a long time I thought there was something wrong with me, because no one else seemed stuck and confused!
But I was wrong… the more entrepreneurs I spoke to, the more I realised that most of us feel stuck and confused, most of the time!!
Because we’re all constantly trying to push ourselves to do things we’ve never done before. We’re all determined to turn our ideas into realities and build successful businesses and that requires us to have to do things we don’t know how to do.
This can lead to us feeling stuck and confused.
So if you were worried that it’s just you, don’t. I think it’s actually a sign that you’re on the edge of greatness – you know you want to achieve something/make something happen/experience something great… even if you don’t exactly know what that looks like or how you’re going to do it. But something inside of you has woken up to a new possibility and that means that you’re on the verge of something exciting.
However, feeling stuck and confused doesn’t feel good, in fact it feels heavy and frustrating and if you’re not careful it can hold you back. So I like to use exercises to help pull me out of my state of confusion and keep me going in the right direction.
So in this week’s video I thought I’d share one of my favourite exercises that I do whenever I feel stuck and confused (get a pen & a piece of paper) …
- Find a quiet space and get a pen and notebook.
- Write a letter – this could be to yourself, to your business, to another person, to another business (whatever is right for the situation you’re trying to resolve).
- Start off by writing about the positives. Is there anything you’re a grateful for in this situation?
- Then start writing your worries, your concerns, your challenges, your problems… just write and write and write. Don’t edit! Just let the words flow and start to connect with what’s really going on inside. Become aware of any thoughts that pop into your head that you weren’t aware of before.
- After you’ve finished writing, reflect on everything. Is there anything new you’ve realised from doing this exercise? Do you know what’s making you feel stuck? Do you have more clarity about what you need to do? Notice how you feel.
I LOVE doing this exercise, because it helps me to tune into myself – something which is easy to forget to do. By the end of doing this exercise I have usually realised what’s really going on and feel much better about everything.
So give it a try!
If you have any questions about this then leave a comment below and I’ll get back to you :) and also share your experiences – do you ever feel confused and stuck? If so, what helps you?
Have a wonderful week!